"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Philippians 4:13

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus

Santa Claus II
Oil...9 x 12... Sold
Every year I suit up and help Santa check on all the kids. It's
a great experience to see their eyes light up. Kids will tell you
everything they know about the family. Sometimes, the experience
is heartbreaking, like a little girl who told me her daddy would
get her a pony when he got out of jail. My heart just broke on the
spot. It's a great time of year and I love seeing everyone
getting into the real spirit of the season. The first Christmas
was a special time and the gift the Christ child gave us is
the most precious gift we will ever receive. But don't forget,
you have to ask for it.
Sometimes I wonder if anyone ever reads these posts. It's like writing
in a diary that no one ever sees. I want to have feedback on my
paintings and establish relationships with other artist, but I have
no idea how to expand the following. Nevertheless, I feel
compelled to try.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting Lynn.
    "And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

    ReplyDelete